The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Storm!

Driving home tonight, I got excited about the weather. It's early February, and we've not had a major dump of snow yet this winter. While I've been grumping and groaning about the winter, I'm now quietly exhilarated. We'll get between four to ten inches of the white stuff.

It's peaceful and serene outside. Big, fat, lazy flakes meander towards the ground. The snow deadens sounds, and it's not windy. The front light throws out a yellow halo and I can see where the dogs have wandered through the yard by their tracks.

The Little Girl-Dog's path is punctuated by flattened areas where she's thrown herself into the snow and rolled with the joy of being. Dog snow angels. The Big Guy's tracks are closer to the house. He's old, and doesn't see the need to meander. He's more business oriented these days.

When I open the door to check on them, they're both waiting on the front stoop, looking up, tails wagging expectantly. Time for Puppy Dinners!

Tomorrow I'll likely grump and groan about shoveling. Tonight, I'll get into my boots, give The Big Guy a bone, and slip out with The Little Princess for a lovely, snowy stroll through the quiet night before we clamber into bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment