The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Monday, February 8, 2010

I am a chiropractor, and yes, I am a licensed professional

Yes, I spent 5 academic years in intensive study to obtain my degree.
Yes, I am a licensed professional in this state (+ several others)
No, I did not 'go to school on weekends' to become a licensed professional.
No, I am not a quack.
Yes, so called 'alternative care' has an extremely important role in healing.
No, I am not just a 'low back pain doctor.'
Yes, D.C.'s are actually doctors. That's what the 'D' stands for.

Yes, D.C.'s are neurologists. Every time you work with the spine, you are effecting the central nervous system.
Yes, there are bad chiropractors out there, just as there are bad MD's, bad DO's, bad dentists, podiatrists, PT's. One bad apple.....
No, chiropractic care is not a frivolous add-on; it is a legitimate, low-cost and clinically proven method of treating conditions which range from herniated discs to asthma to repetitive stress injuries.
Yes, insurance companies should reimburse you for chiropractic care.

Yes, I expect to be paid. If you expect me to work on your family, friends, pets, etc, please wake up! Pull out your wallet! As a doctor, my time is valuable.
Yes, I do on occasion, do pro bono work. Your or your kid's or dog's case is NOT included in that category.

No, do not charge me for your services if I have helped you out of friendship. This is particularly poor form. Don't ask Miss Manners. She's already agreed with me.

No, when I teach anatomy, I cannot answer your clinical questions. The school hires me as a teacher, not as a chiropractor. Schedule an appointment, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment