The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not such a small town

I left Island Health & Fitness on my way to TC3 at about 5:45 today. There were multiple police cars, lights flashing, near Pete's.

On my way home from the hydrofracking presentation (gotta wrap my head around the amount of bad news that was delivered there), I took a right off Buffalo Street onto Route 89.

Multiple police cars still around Pete's. State police, IPD, deputy sheriffs. Lights still flashing.

A Facebook entry by a friend queried 'what's going on at Pete's?'

Possible hold up, probable shooting. Probably one dead.

S.W., who runs a B&B about a mile from my home was robbed in January. Targeted theft, too -- someone who had been in her house only took paintings.

My illusion of 'safe little Ithaca' has been shattered

No comments:

Post a Comment