The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stormy weather

Right this very second, I'm supposed to be busting a gut in the Keuka Lake triathlon . When I awoke at 4, it was pouring rain. The forecast called for 100% chance of thunderstorms.

Bagged it. I did not have the enthusiasm and optimism it took to drive through the bad weather and stand around in dampness for two and a half hours waiting for my wave. Then, the hour and a half push... it wasn't in me today.

I was up till 6, then dozed off. When I awoke again just before 8, the rain had stopped and there were small patches of blue showing through the cloud cover. On the other hand, I just heard the rumble of thunder...

I'm still pretty numb. My heart feels a tad lighter, however. This despite the fact I'm apt to burst into tears. I skimmed a couple of older posts on this blog about The Big K, and see that it was clearly time to let him go. I'm so incredibly glad that I didn't wait until he was suffering and miserable. He was ready, even if I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment