The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Expectations

Just got this email from someone who responded to my CraigsList ad. Holy Moly!

I am interested in the apartment you have posted on craigslist.

I have just been accepted to Cornell and will be beginning my graduate studies there this fall. I am looking for an apartment primarily just for myself, however, my boyfriend will be transferring to his company’s Albany office and will often be visiting on weekends.

I will be relocating to Ithaca from Chicago. My ideal move-in date is August 15, but I do have some flexibility with this. We are planning on being in the area July 8th and 9th and would like to look at available apartments at that time.

Since we are not currently living in New York, any pictures and floor plans you could send would be helpful.

In an effort not waste anyone’s time, here is a list of what I’m looking for in an apartment:

* In the vicinity of the Cornell campus, within walking/biking distance
* 350-700sq.ft
* $500-$700/mo, including utilities
* 1 bedroom, plus 1 office area
* 9ft+ ceiling heights
* Many big, tall, sunny windows
* Balcony, patio or garden space
* Gas stove
* No garden/basement apartments
* No carpet or linoleum flooring - hard wood only
* No dropped acoustical ceiling panels
* In a walkable neighborhood near a park and a grocery store
* In a quiet neighborhood
* Available parking for 1-2 cars

I know it's difficult to work with potential out-of-town tenants, so thank you very much for considering me.

Polite, professional and unrealistic. "Please, I want the perfect apartment that's close to Cornell for very little rent."

Good luck in your search!

No comments:

Post a Comment