The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Going on

I stopped at the local flooring place today, to look at alternatives to the grey-painted OSB I've had as flooring in my house for the past two years. I didn't want to put new floors down if Kuro lost control of his bladder.

I can make the floors pretty now.

I'd rather have Kuro.

Went to Wegman's and found two family-sized packs of hamburger (reduced for quick sale!), which, out of habit, I picked up. Feeding two large dogs a raw diet means I buy a lot of meat.

Except I made chili with one of those packs, after I realized I only have one 4 footed-friend to feed.

I'd rather have Kuro.

I can take Nikka with me to work if it's cool enough. I can get rid of the huge dog bed I have at the foot of my bed, since I can move one of the many smaller downstairs beds upstairs into the same spot, and actually have room to walk around the bedroom. I can put away leashes, his harness, many brushes. The house needs to be vacuumed far less often.

I don't have to clean up poop (sometime diarrhea), wash dog blankets, scour bowls, stock up on supplements, watch where I'm walking so I don't trip myself up or hurt him, strap his harness on or take it off, carry him up or down stairs, worry about having him get into a situation where he's stuck when I'm not home.

I'd rather, by far, have Kuro.

Yep, even with all of these improvements, life still sometimes just sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment