The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Done slacking...

The past few weeks (actually, a month plus) have been tough ones. First I was sick. Took some time off my 'real' job. Once I felt better, I doubled up on my schedule to make up for lost time.

What does burning the candle get you?

Surprise! Sick again.

Got healthy. Started feeling *great!* Began following my tri training schedule. Trail running two Sundays ago, I was zipping along.

Wham! Tripped on something. Cut knee. Cracked ribs.

Everything but my ribs and knee feels fine now. Knee is still stiff and sore. Ribs, well, they hurt like hell.

I went to Island Fitness to swim last Friday. Ran into NH and AG. N is Mr. Young Triathlon Stud. A is the sports MD for the area. A said 'ah, just work through the pain.' Like an idiot, I took his advice. The swim hurt. The pain wiped me out.
So much so that I was cranky with my dogs!

I'm at my desk now, looking out over trees and low hanging clouds over Cayuga Lake. I'm literally sitting above the clouds. I'm healing....

No comments:

Post a Comment