The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Precision

In addition to my 'real' job, I teach a couple of anatomy/physiology classes. It's a terrific way for me to interact with people younger than 70. I also get to share my love of the material with students, and continue to learn. Nothing like teaching to foster learning: the more I teach, the more I learn.

It never ceases to amaze me that I can give students questions from an exam verbatim, and they'll still get the answer wrong. I can tell the the exact question, and the exact answer -- yet, for whatever reason, it's as if they don't hear me, or don't believe me, or don't process the information.

I truly want my students to succeed, and there is material that I know they need to know. So I attempt to spoon feed them. Apparently spoon feeding doesn't work for the majority. I'm not sure what will.

No comments:

Post a Comment