The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Sunday, March 28, 2010

BFF's

My BFF from my chiro school daze was in town. His partner had a seminar here, and W took a few days off to poke around Ithaca. I was thrilled; haven't seen him for 9 years! He looks exactly the same as he did when we graduated.

It was great to spend time together. We picked up as if the intervening years hadn't occurred. A couple of times we finished the other's sentence; several times we both blurted out the same response to a comment simultaneously. I love his sandpaper dry sense of humor and have missed him.

Even better, I love his partner. I had decided I was going to like J no matter what. W is important to me, despite the fact we don't physically see each other often.

We met for dinner Saturday night. As I hurried up the street towards the restaurant, I saw their smiling faces. A wave of relief washed over me; I could tell just by his face that J is a really good guy. How much easier that makes my friendship with W. Now I look forward to spending more time with both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment