The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Friday, March 5, 2010

Hartman's Harnessed

The Big Guy's new harness arrived via priority mail an hour ago. I got all excited and completely knotted it and myself up at first. K -- a prince among princes - waited patiently as I pulled and pushed it on and around him. We took a short stroll, and he seems confused: 'Am I supposed to walk when you hold the handle above my hips?' and 'how come my hind end is still drooping?'

It's because Mummy hasn't quite figured out how tight each strap is supposed to be. I'm hoping (praying) it helps him.
"I'm a little uncertain about this thing."

The Little Princess is always up for action: she skipped along on top of the snow as The Big Guy meandered a few paces, getting the feel for his new duds.

It's unbelievably hard to see my beloved friend deteriorating before my eyes. He did so well for 2 weeks after his last session with Dr. Karen, our alternative vet. Then, seemingly overnight, he's back to Saggy Butt. She's away at a seminar this weekend, otherwise we'd be at her office.

Right now, he's snoozing on one of his beds. His sleep is so relaxed and deep; I hope he has pain-free miles to go....



Don't forget ME!'

1 comment: