The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Both extremes so very much alike

I came across a right wing blog accidentally. My knee jerk reaction was to instantly move to the next page, but then I went back. "Know your enemy!" Although I was raised in a Barry-Goldwater-conservative household, I have since fallen from conservative ideals, and have turned into (gasp! Horrors!) a leftie pinko.

Back to the blog. I was dumbfounded to find that the rhetoric of the far right sounds pretty much exactly like the rhetoric of the far left. Both sides claim the other is causing Americans to lose their freedom. Both sides say the other is too extreme. Both sides are actually bashing each other with many of the same idea and ideals, just a different interpretation of them.

Then, I scrolled down the page, and found ads for pro-life/anti-abortion links as well as websites that push for increased off-shore drilling and other environmental developmental catastrophes.

My interest waned. I went back to my original search.

No comments:

Post a Comment