The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Jackie 1946 - 2011

My friend Jackie died last week.

I knew she was ill, but I didn't know how ill. I spoke with her two plus weeks before her death, and she didn't mention a word about the fact cancer had metastasized throughout her body.

While we weren't around-the-corner-stop-over-for-coffee friends, we spoke and emailed almost daily. I am bereft. Jackie was, above all else, honest, generous with her time and energy, and dependable.

My last, best gift to her is the 110 pound 10 year old(?) Akita who is currently sacked out in his crate after his big and first full day in his new home. Jackie wanted me to take her boy and give him a good home. So here he is, part of the pack now.

I just hope he can blend in with The Girls.

And it is official. I am now one of those crazy old women who have too many dogs.

1 comment:

  1. what a handsome addition to the pack. I hope the girls are nice to the new fella.

    ReplyDelete