The Little Princess & The Big Guy

The Little Princess & The Big Guy

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Poignant and compelling

I took a break from the Real World and went to see a matinee of 'The King's English.' This finely crafted, exquisitely acted movie is one of my all time favorites now. It is a must see movie -- one of the best I've ever seen. I am not a film expert or critic; I simply know what speaks to my sensibilities. This movie, which highlights King George VI of England's speech impediment, and his courageous attempts to correct it, is poignant and moving. It brings British royalty -- anointed by God? -- to a very human level.

It speaks to all of us, and our frailties as humans.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I plan to see this flick. Sounds like it'll be my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete